Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's the Luck of the Irish Day!!!

These here are some of the yummy chocolates staff brought by to my Dad today. They were NOT gross! Not at all! Dad even wore GREEN pants today! I was so Impressed! He said he still got pinched though. I guess wearing green isn't a guarantee!
Dad enjoyed a gymnastics show brought to him by Hallie and Brinklie! The stayed as close to his doorway as possible in the hallway and would perform and repeat as long as Grandpa asked them to. They loved it and so did Dad! Definitely a good change of pace to see little girls limbs flailing about! (Hallie doing her famous fast cartwheel!)
Brinklie is flexing her mighty impressive biceps to spare here!
This was funny! So Dad FINALLY passed all of his tests and was able to EAT his FIRST meal since JANUARY 15th! Can you believe it? That was forever ago! He was so excited that he kept rolling his eyes with pure satisfaction while he chewed! Then...to him something magical happened! We gave him Coke! Now, this was in place of his long desired Dr. Pepper with lemon because that just wasn't available! Oh, and we had to thicken it so that was special too. However, you will see him drink it in this pic and then you'll see his reaction in the last picture. So funny!We were all laughing (me, his o.c.therapist, social worker, and Linda). I showed him this pic and he thought he looked like he had serious brain trauma! hahaha...I told him I'd explain that he still has his wits about him and he was just excited for the FIZZZZZ!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news. I named him my personal hero. I really don't know anybody who has passed such a terrible trauma with flying colors. He really is such an inspiration. I don't know him, but I really don't need to, his strenght and actions speak really loud about his character...AMAZING...and congrats on your first meal.

    ReplyDelete