Saturday, March 21, 2009

The tracheotomy has been officially removed! & Kirby is moving out of I.M.C. Hospital on Monday or Tues (3/30)

After days of anticipation, Dad's tracheotomy in his throat & neck has finally been surgically removed. He is having some complications with secretions and "clean breathing", but hopefully those will clear up with time:) Dad is also eating one meal a day (the feeding tube compensates for the rest of the daily caloric intake). He's eating foods like soft pasta, applesauce, pudding, etc. He would sure "love a Jamba Juice, Dr. Pepper, Spamoni? Icecream", and the list goes on, but probably not until April. He's been requesting those items since the day he got his speaking valve on...it's been a fun laugh listening to his very simple requests. It makes us sure appreciate everything. Dad keeps reminding me to appreciate every breath I take & every flavor that I taste. BIG NEWS: DAD IS LEAVING I.M.C. HOSPITAL AND TRANSFERRING to another facility for recovery (most likely So. Davis Regional Hospital in Bountiful). We will find out if that is official on Monday, so check this blog for updates. We'll keep you posted.;) Call me or Dad's cell phone if you have any questions. Thanks for your support, love and prayers! xoxo Sonja

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kirby,
    I have been watching your blog site and seeing the progress that you have made from the beginning. Looking at what you are able to do and how well you look now, it is hard to think that you are the same person that was in the first photos. I look forward to talking to you on the phone and visiting with you when I come to Utah this summer. I know that you will Keep up the hard work of phisical therapy and make steady progress at getting strounger each day. I will look forward to your blog site in the future,
    Your cousin, Lynn

    ReplyDelete