Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Moving Forward....

Dad has been on the 12th floor for a week now. The mood up there is so much less "critical" and more positive in my perspective. I say this because there are way less screens with colored lines moving up and down and all around! Less beeping noises. It feels like he is finally moving forward and making progress you can track by simply looking at Dad. He is talking great now too. Dad has always been very articulate so I am not surprised that his speech has come back so quickly. Dad is so diligently working on his swallowing because improvement there means EATING and DRINKING!!! He still has his wish list of consumables hanging up where he can dream! He reminds us almost every visit..."Jamba Juice, Dr. Pepper with lemon, spumoni ice cream, guacamole." 
Think about how hard it would be to be unable to eat for over a month now. He still has such a desire to do so and it is like torture on his face when he talks about it. I can only imagine!
I have had some really nice talks with Dad these last few visits. He is opening up to me more than ever before and on a more meaningful level. I appreciate it so much. 

Love you all!!!  
Heidi

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful, Dearest Kirby, that your darling, loving and caring family prompts us senior citizens (yeah movies and eating out cheaper now) from our memory lapses. I feel better knowing you are in such capable hands and am grateful to read you're making excellent progress.

    I can see very many side benefits the accident has had in your life (though I'm sure you might not think that worth the price you've paid).

    I'm such a techno illiterate and have difficulty working my way back here and never remember my password. Anyway know that I think of you often, and never go to a dance (going more now to work off the blubber on my butt I gained over Christmas) but what I don't think about you and memories of fun and sweet times with you.

    I miss your cheerful countenance, fun sense of humor, and will be glad when once again our paths cross.

    I've been busy working on the Worldwide United Foundation...which is trickle up economics (following Matthew 25: 31-46) and the only (divinely inspired plan) that will save the downward spiral of this economic crisis.

    I believe I gave you a copy of the book at the movie when we ran into each other (if not have your kidlins send me an address and I'll send another or several for any interested JLT1920@yahoo)of "666 The Mark of America, Seat of the Beast: The Apostle John's New Testament Revelation Unfolded". (check out our website www.wwunited.org)

    If one of your grands likes to read perhaps you could ask them to read a little from it to you on occasion. I think it would enliven, enlighten (all) your mind, and most amazingly of all reveal the metaphoric interpretations of John's riddles long obscured....starting with what 666 and the Mark of the beast really means---revealed in the very first pages of the book (nothing any longer to fear or freak out about).

    Well, Dearest One, keep up the good work of progressing and know I love you lots!!

    PS feel free to cry all you want---you eliminate toxis---so it has great health benefits as well :-)

    Love Julie Taggart XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete