Thursday, January 22, 2009

I See You...in the ICU!

Adam and I went to visit his Dad yesterday. His siblings, Heidi & Michael were there. Above is a picture of the kids helping move his limbs around for a little physical therapy. He really seemed to like this. He tries to spell with his finger, but our finger spelling is a little shaky these days
As you can see as they've said in the recent post, he no longer needs the ventilator to breath, so not so much stuff around his face. I ordered a hair cut from the nurses, yep I did it. So, if he gets mad about it...blame me. Heads up, if you have young children, a weak immune system, or just a general fear of germs, DO NOT GO to his hospital room! The nurses told Sonja that we need to wash our clothes and take a shower right when we get home from visiting him. Yes, it's that's serious...this MRSA infection. Until they nip this thing in the bud...just know that he's being taken care of, getting good rest & likes to hear all your comments from the blog.
Cory

5 comments:

  1. Kirby,

    I was so sorry to hear of your accident. You are such a wonderful man and I know the Lord is watching out for you. Your family is amazing and they all love you so much. You are in my prayers.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! He sure must be a fighter. I don't have the privilege to know him personally, but we sure keep him in our daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirby,

    I got the email while I was in Taiwan picking up our little boys and I was in shock. I am glad to hear that you are doing better! Keep up the fight and know that family is thinking of you.

    Chris McIff (Bruce's son)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirby,
    This is firemanjoe here.. Wanted you to know we are tracking your progress each day, and have since the accident. People in the singles scene are all interested and wanting updates as to your condition..tks to your family for updating everyone.. BEST to ya buddy, hope we will know when you can have visitors and wild dancing women to entertain you.. your pal..Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirby, this is Michael's sister-in-law Sonya. Just want to let you know that our family is praying for you. You have a wonderful family and it is very apparent how much they love you. We wish you a good recovery.

    Sonya Hatch Duke

    ReplyDelete